So far this week has been one of those weeks where everything that is normally not a big deal is always on the verge of setting you off! For example, three separate times this week I was parked in a spot, head first, and right before I turned on my car to pull straight through, because there weren’t cars parked in front of me, a car pulls in. That happened 3 separate times! I know what you’re thinking, how on Earth did I get through such hard and upsetting moments like those? (sarcasm noted).
On a happier note, this week also contained lots of fun and laughable moments! I was invited over to dinner at someone’s house on Sunday, and it was such a great day the whole way through. Went to church, met with a mentor couple, watched some shows, ate a great dinner and played a fun game, and then an unfun game.
The fun game? Catchphrase! If you haven’t played this game you should, it’s so amazing! Hours of fun! (I sound like a commercial for it). Best part of this game was when someone started describing to us the categories, because they pressed the wrong button, haha. We actually all kept guessing too. We finally figured it out later.
The unfun game? This was more of a social experiment, but to keep the story short, you can’t win! No one wins. You all tie and you just talk about your feelings. Needless to say, if there could have been someone who lost, it would have been Tom. I think he had the most unfun.
Another great part of my week, cooking Lemon Dill Chicken! I saw this recipe on EatingWell and definitely recommend you giving it a try! We made it with spinach and parmesean risotto from HERE, because we just LOVE risotto! But I think I would actually recommend this meal with regular white rice instead.
What You Need for Lemon Chicken Dill:
- Approx. 1 lb of skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp separated dill
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp flour
- Salt & pepper
- 4 cloves of chopped garlic
- Approx. 1/4 of an onion, chopped in small sections
- Olive oil
1. Heat a pan on medium high heat. Add olive oil to coat the bottom.
2. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Once pan is hot, add chicken to pan and sear both sides for about 3 minutes. The chicken should turn a golden brown. Then remove chicken from pan and lightly cover with tin foil. The chicken will not be cooked all the way through yet. We’ll finish it later. Turn heat down to medium.
3. Chop the garlic and onions.
4. Separate dill into a bunch of pieces off the stem.
5. Coat the bottom of the same pan you were using, now on medium heat, with olive oil. Add onions, garlic, and a little salt and pepper. Stir for a minute or two.
6. Add broth, 1 tbsp dill, flour and lemon juice to pan. Stir, until thickened, for a couple minutes.
7. Turn the heat to low and re-add the chicken to the pan. Should take about 4-5 minutes to cook all the way through from here. Make sure you stir the broth a little bit in the meantime so it doesn’t burn and stick to the pan.
8. Enjoy your DILLicious meal!